Worldwide / Foreign Demographic Information
- Background Notes
U.S. Department of State
- CIA World Factbook
Basic demographic and socioeconomic
- Human Development Report
Highlights from the United Nations
UN database, includes 36 social, economic and
environmental data series for all UN member states. The user can select up to six countries for comparison.
- International Data Base (IDB)
Census Bureau database with summary level data
for all countries of the world; and IDB
Online, which lets the user create a custom query and get readable or spreadsheet output.
- Links to official statistics for Europe and North America
Links to national and
international agencies and summary data from Trends
in Europe and North America.
- OECD Frequently Requested Statistics
Includes OECD in Figures a compilation of statistics indicators on health,
education, and other factors for OECD countries.
- Population Index, 1986-2000
- Population Reference Bureau
Publisher of World
Population Data Sheet that includes "contains the latest population estimates, projections, and other key indicators for
all geographic entities with populations of 150,000 or more and all members of the United Nations."
- State of the World Population
From the United Nations Population Fund,
1996 - present.
- Statistical Agencies, International
Most national agencies have summary level
statistics for population, education, economy and other topics available online. Links compiled by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Statistics Canada
Contains information on population, ethnic origin, immigration, languages, economy, trade, labour, government spending, and other topics for Canada.
by country on basic indicators, education, child and infant mortality, nutrition, water and sanitation, immunization rates.
- See Progress of Nations, State of the World's Children and other publications.
- United Nations Population Information Network
- United Nations Statistics Division
Provides online data from key
publications, such as
- Population of capital cities and cities of 100,000 and more inhabitants
- Social Indicators
- Statistics and Indicators on the World's Women
- Urban Info (United Nations Human Settlements Program)
"UN-Habitat launched its Urban Info statistical
database system in 2006. The database contains social development indicators that allow comparison between rural and urban areas and give figures on shelter deprivations - including lack of access to water and sanitation, overcrowding, conditions of housing structures at city and national level.
The system provides access to indicators organized by sector, goals, themes and other data management schemes."
Women In Development Statistics arranged by world region includes the
following data sets: Population - Family - Households, Health, Education - Training, Labour, Power
- World Development Indicators CU
Includes information from 1960- present. See Key Development Data & Statistics for country-specific information.
- World Development Report - World Bank
- World Population Trends
Includes estimated 1998 and 2050 populations
for all countries, population of selected cities, abortion policies, fertility patterns, demographic impact of HIV/AIDS and
other estimates. Provided by United Nations Population Information Network.