Educational ResourcesU.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government
An overview of the U.S. government, legislative process, duties of citizens, and other topics. Arranged by grade level, with sections for teachers and parents. Includes facts about states and links to state web sites.
- Colorado Department of Education
- Education Statistics
This page links to information on how many students are enrolled, dropout, as well as information on expulsions and attendance.
- School Achievement Results
Here is where you get access to CSAP score. You can also find these reports on the Denver Post's online database.
- Department of Education
This site features many online publications from the department and its National Center for Education Statistics. Highlights of their online publication program include:
- Compendia, such as the Education Statistics at a Glance
- Publications for Parents (many available in Spanish language editions). No Child Left Behind: A Parent's Guide is one title.
- Funding your education
- Indicators of School Crime and Safety
- The Educator's Reference Desk and Gateway to 21st Century Skills
These sites provide access to the ERIC bibliographic database, ERIC digests of educational research, ERIC bibliographies, conference schedules, lesson plans, and other information.
- Educational Attainment Statistics from U.S. Census Bureau.
- ERIC bibliographic database (free web-based version) and ERIC via ProquestCU
This database has digests of educational research, bibliographies, and other educational materials.
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
This database provides access to institution-level data on fall enrollment, completions, salaries and benefits, and finance for post-secondary institutions. The enrollment data is available by race and ethnicity. The College Navigator segment of the database allows you to search for college information by location, program, or degree offerings either alone or in combination. Results include data on enrollment, costs, degrees awarded, and financial aid.
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition & Language Instruction Educational Programs (NCELA)
Funded by the U.S. Office of English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement & Academic Achievement for Limited English Proficient Students (OELA), NCELA enables states "to exchange information on the design and implementation of effective models and strategies related to: standards based English language proficiency (ELP) and content assessments; Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives (AMAOs); and data systems that support student assessment, program accountability, reporting requirements and 2 and 4 year school improvement efforts under Title III of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB)."
- National Public School Locator
Find basic data on enrollment, race and ethnicity, number of teachers, teacher/pupil ratio, and the number of students eligible for a free lunch.
- School District Data from the Census Bureau
Searchable by State and School District.
- School Enrollment Statistics from U.S. Census Bureau.
International Organization Information
- OECD Education--free statistics
- OECD Education Statistics CU
This database "provides a rich, comparable and up-to-date array of indicators on the performance of education systems that represent the consensus of professional thinking on how to measure the current state of education internationally." You can also examine the data used to create this publication.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
This UN agency has information on educational systems for member states of the United Nations. This information ranges from papers on specific issues to statistics.
- UNESCO Education
This is the main page linking to various UN and UNESCO documents relating to education.
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics
This page contains statistics on education and literacy. For detailed datasets, choose "Database Access."
- Education Worldwide
This page links to information on educational systems in individual countries.
U.S. Information | International Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- Denver Post's Colorado SAR and CSAP Results Lookup
This page allows you to look up SAR and CSAP results for Colorado.
- McREL (Mid-continent Regional Education Laboratory)
McREL provides federally-funded services to a seven state region including Colorado. Includes extensive links to Internet-accessible education resources.
- Minority On-Line Information Service
This service includes information about scholarships and grants.
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on education available in the collection.
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook , the library catalog:
Electronic Resources Print and Electronic Resources education and statistics education and statistics education and histor* education and histor* education and politic* education and politic*
(government publications only)
(government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.